Find them on our produce stand at @assateaguefarm in a couple months!
We are growing some awesome varieties of all kinds of vegetables, fruits, flowers, succulents, and herbs this season!
Visit our website for more info on our U-Pick and produce stand.
From @eatworkoutlive “Beet (root) juice is one of the most under rated superfoods, and one of the best foods to juice. You can eat them raw, juiced, broiled, baked, or pickled. If you want to utilize all the nutrients they have to offer, eat them raw!
Beet roots contain a natural chemical called nitrates. Your body changes nitrates into nitric oxide, which is responsible for improved blood flow, and blood pressure.
• Increased stamina- which helps to exercise longer.
• A good source of folate, potassium, Vitamin C, fiber, Vitamin B6, and antioxidants.
• Detoxifies the liver.
• Serves as an anti-aging remedy thanks to the amount of folate in them.
• Other foods that are high in nitrates include spinach, radishes, lettuce, and celery.
How to juice beets
• Choose organic whenever you can.
• Wash the greens and the beet root.
• Cut the greens from the root.
USE THE GREENS TOO! Try not to waste food.
The beet greens can be cooked, eaten raw, added to juice, or even composted.
They do live and grow up in the dirt soooo, for a less earthy/dirt taste, be sure to scrub and peel the beet root.”