FAIRFAX PERFORMANCE BREASTPLATE
Developed and handmade in the UK
This breastplate is based on scientific research and is designed to:
- Prevent the saddle slipping back when needed
- Work without restricting the horse’s breathing
- Allow the horse to maintain his natural jumping action or shape over a fence
The Fairfax testing into breastplate designs showed, when a breastplate is attached to a saddle and then the girth, it forms, in effect, a ‘cage’ around the horse’s shoulder apparatus that restricts his movement over a jump.
The highest pressures were consistently seen at the moment when the horse is at the peak of take-off and its shoulder is in its most forward position.
However, biomechanical analysis showed that the whole jump is adversely affected by the breastplate from this point onwards:
- The shape of the jump from take-off to landing (the trajectory) is shortened (see Testing & Design)
• the horse’s landing is steeper
• the horse’s hind legs are “cramped” in the landing phase, with the joints flexing more in an attempt to clear the fence
Furthermore, both over-flexing and landing more steeply cause increased wear and tear on the horse’s limbs and joints.
Order the Fairfax Performance Breastplate online:
#fairfaxsaddles #breastplate #bestbrestplate