◇ Essential green travel item: REUSABLE BAG ◇ #shetravelsgreen
This is an ode to an item smaller that the palm of your hand – foldable reusable bag! ♻️ Here are some of the reasons why you, as a sustainable traveller, might want to consider taking this bag on your next trip.
Photo credit: @futureflourish
1. ✔ Carry-on limit, plan A: a lot of airlines have strict policies regarding carry on sizing and weight. ✈ If you have extra items on you, you can unfold your reusable bag and use it a “personal item” (check airline rules in advance)
2. ✔ Carry-on limit, plan B: if you are not allowed to have a personal item on you, then there are some travel hacks which come handy - jacket goes around your waist, travel pillow goes on your neck, hat on the head and piles of miscellaneous stuff end up in your pockets. 🤷🏼♀️ So when you get to your seat just empty the pockets, unfold your reusable bag and put everything inside. All of your valuables are organized and easily accessible during the flight. Voila!
3. ✔ Shopping: when shopping in destination, it simply feels damn good to say no to plastic bags!
4. ✔ Multifunctional item: let’s be honest, on the trip the reusable bag can become your grocery bag, the gym bag, the daypack, the beach bag…the list goes on. Having multifunctional items on the trip is the key!
5. ✔ Exploring: I personally bring a small cross-body bag when I go on excursion or a day trip. I want to be hands free as mush as possible (small daypack is a great option too). However, I always make sure to put a foldable bag inside my small bag/daypack. 👌 I know I will use it, if the weather changes and I wish to take my jacket off; or if I decide to buy some souvenirs and snacks along the way.
⚠️So can you think of any OTHER IDEAS how to utilize a reusable bag on a trip? 🏝 Let me know in the comments and stay tuned for more info on sustainable travel items!⚠️
#sustainableliving #zerowastecollective #zerowastetravel #sustainabletourism #ecotravel #zerowasteliving #ethicaltravel #liveconsciously
#sustainableliving #ecotourism #sustainabletravel #leavenotrace
#girlswhotravel #travel #traveladdict #exploremore #gogreen #ecofriendly #yayforearth